Vacation Bible School (VBS) daycamp is a 4-days-long experience open to the elementary age youth of our area.
Every summer, Pathways Lutheran Outdoor Ministries sends a team of staff members, spreading lots of laughter, excitement, and energy for Christ to our community. The team pairs up with members from our congregation to provide a unique ministry filled with games, worship, arts & crafts, Bible experiences, special activities, and much more!
This year’s theme is Growing Together. Come and learn about how God’s love can transform us and the world!
Spread the word and invite your friends! Kids who are entering kindergarten through Grade 6 are eligible to register for daycamp. Older kids and teens can volunteer to be student helpers for the week.
Parents and grandparents are encouraged to register their kids soon and sign up to volunteer to help. Download the registration form below. Come on… It’s a blast!
+ + +
Day Camp will be held at Zion June 24-27. The theme for this year’s Pathways Day Camp is “Growing Together” and we will be learning about how God’s love can transform us and how we in turn can change the world around us by living through generosity, compassion, justice, and forgiveness in the example of Christ.
We have a fun and Spirit-filled week planned for you! It is going to be an action-packed week where we’ll play lots of games, laugh, worship our awesome God through crazy camp songs, and praise our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. You will have a wonderful time!
Here is some important information for you to know:
- Day Camp starts each day (Monday through Thursday) at 11:30 am. Campers should be dropped off between 11:15 and 11:30 am. The Day Camp Team (both Pathways and congregational volunteers) are not responsible for children dropped off prior to 11:15 am.
- Day Camp ends at 5:00 pm. Campers must be picked up at this time.
- Campers need to bring a sack lunch and a water bottle or screw top drink container each day. Please label these! Snacks and beverages will be provided in the afternoon.
- All campers must have a registration/health form on file before participating in the Day Camp program. This can be turned in on Day 1 of camp. Go to zlcw.org and check “Quick Links” to download the forms.
- We will be outdoors at times during our Day Camp experience. Dress for the weather. Sunscreen and a hat to wear outdoors are encouraged. Wear tennis shoes or other shoes appropriate for running games. Sandals are discouraged. Campers are welcome to bring a Bible to camp each day, but it is not required. Please ensure jackets, hats, and extra clothing are labeled with your child’s name.
- Plan to take part in our potluck and program on Wednesday, June 26. The potluck is from 5:00 to 6:00 pm with the program beginning at 6:15 pm. The kids have a blast performing for their family and friends, and the food is always great too!
Spread the word and bring your friends! This camp is open to all kids entering Kindergarten through 6th grade in the fall of 2019. They do not have to attend Zion to attend VBS.
We would also like to invite all eligible children to attend, no matter what your schedule is. Summer is a busy time and many children attend a lot of activities. If your child is able to attend only a couple hours a day or only one or two days of camp due to swimming lessons, ball, or other activities, we encourage you to bring your child to VBS. We will be as flexible as needed and hope to work with you to enable every child the opportunity to attend Vacation Bible School daycamp.
Please contact us to volunteer or if you have any further questions about Day Camp at Zion.
See you at camp!