VBS Day Camp will be held at Zion July 23-26. The theme for this year’s Pathways Day Camp is “This Changes Everything” and we will be exploring how grace is a gift freely given by God, shown to us through God’s own Son. This gift frees us from the weight of sin—the work of salvation belongs to God, and it has already been done! We are then free to live our lives in response to this gift, with a new perspective on who we are and how we see and treat ourselves and those around us as equal recipients of God’s grace.
We have a fun and Spirit-filled week planned for you! It is going to be an action-packed week where we’ll play lots of games, laugh, worship our awesome God through crazy camp songs, and praise our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. You will have a wonderful time!
Here is some important information for you to know:
- There will be a congregation picnic gathering with the Pathways counselors at the Point on Sunday, July 22. Join us for fun and games beginning at 4:30 pm with a potluck supper at 5:00 pm.
- Day Camp starts each day (Monday through Thursday) at 11:30 am. Campers should be dropped off between 11:15 and 11:30 am. The Day Camp Team (both Pathways and congregational volunteers) are not responsible for children dropped off prior to 11:15 am.
- Day Camp ends at 5:00 pm. Campers must be picked up at this time.
- Campers need to bring a sack lunch and a water bottle or screw top drink container each day. Please label these! Snacks and beverages will be provided in the afternoon.
- All campers must have a registration/health form on file before participating in the Day Camp program. This can be turned in on Day 1 of camp. Go to zlcw.org and check “Quick Links” to download the forms.
- We will be outdoors at times during our Day Camp experience. Dress for the weather. Sunscreen and a hat to wear outdoors are encouraged. Wear tennis shoes or other shoes appropriate for running games. Sandals are discouraged. Campers are welcome to bring a Bible to camp each day, but it is not required. Please ensure jackets, hats, and extra clothing are labeled with your child’s name.
- Plan to take part in our Potluck and Kids’ Showcase on Wednesday, July 25. The potluck begins at 5:30 pm with the showcase beginning at 6:15 pm. The kids have a blast performing for their family and friends, and the food is always great too!
Spread the word and bring your friends! This camp is open to all kids entering Kindergarten through 6th grade in the fall of 2018. They do not have to attend Zion to attend VBS.
Our offerings this year will be for the ELCA Good Gifts – Water Wells. Clean water is one of the most powerful ways to create change in the world. With the installation of a water well, or spring box, as many as 500 families gain access to clean, safe water. When a community gains access to clean water, everything changes. Women and children don’t spend hours gathering water. Communities are healthier. People can work, farm and go to school. And together, they build stronger economies and a future filled with hope. We encourage any or all of our Day Campers and families to help contribute to this great cause. Anything is appreciated.
Look for registration forms above and contribution sign-up sheets at the church. If you would like to make a financial contribution, click here.
Please contact us to volunteer or if you have any further questions about Day Camp at Zion.
See you at camp!
Andrea Poole (763-245-3935)
Marty Howes (242-0886)
Brenda Haats (218-689-7217)
Lynn Kofstad (242-1119)
Jenny Howes (242-1499)
Kelly Thiele (242-2631)
Linda Curtis (242-1583)
Kristi Thompson (218-689-5366)