Quilting for Lutheran World Relief is held seasonally in the spring (usually March and April) and fall (usually September and October). We meet Mondays beginning at about 9:00 am at the Warroad Area Community Center. Everyone is welcome to join the group! Plan to bring scissors, a darning needle, and a sack lunch.
When you make and send a quilt, you are not only comforting someone you have never met, but providing an object that is useful in ways you probably never imagined. In addition to being a cozy, clean new bed cover, it can be:
- a baby carrier, tied around a mother’s back;
- a market display, spread on the ground and piled with vegetables;
- a sack for transporting those goods to market;
- a sunshade;
- a shawl; and most importantly
- a constant reminder that someone, far away, cares a lot.
To learn more, visit the LWR quilt ministry.